The SafeBuy Assurance Scheme for web-based retailers is operated by Software Research Ltd. Put simply, the SafeBuy Assurance Scheme assures online consumers that e-commerce sites are safe and trustworthy.
Just Beauty Direct is Accredited member 803283
Supporters include the Institute of Directors and the Institute of Direct Marketing.
Unlike other web retailer schemes, SafeBuy is not designed to be a shopping directory. SafeBuy vets all sites prior to accreditation and continuously carries out 'mystery shopper' exercises to check that retailers are adhering to the Scheme.
The Scheme, amongst other things, requires web retailers to:
- Adhere to the terms of the Sale of Goods Act, the EU Distance Selling Regulations and the EU Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications
- Conform to the Data Protection Act 1998
- Provide security for the processing of credit card transactions
- Include physical location and contact details for themselves on their website
- Display the total price consumers must pay for goods including delivery costs and provide a clear explanation of the delivery procedures
- Advise the consumer if 'cookies' are required for the processing of data
- Not use 'spam' for marketing purposes